If you are a professional in the field of architecture, decoration, or finishes, or you simply have an ambitious project to redecorate your home, you may have come across more than once the fact that the finishes available on the market do not exactly match the essence you had planned for your space.
In cases like this, it’s not that you have to resign yourself to finding “the closest thing” to the idea you have, but you can make a safe bet with custom cement mosaics. That’s right, they exist and we are going to explain everything about them, so you can decide if they are the alternative you were looking for.
What are custom tiles?
Plain and simple, they are hydraulic mosaics that had been made for you with the exact size, shape, design and colors that you need. In this sense, the possibilities are practically unlimited, and it is also a material that due to its versatility you can use for floors, walls and surfaces of all kinds, even in bathrooms, kitchens and exteriors, since it is possible to treat cement mosaics in such a way that they acquire great resistance to humidity.
When should you have a custom tile made?
Consider custom cement tile it when you:
- Can’t find any design that you are 100% satisfied with.
- Need a large amount of pieces, so production will be large.
- Want to make sure no one else has the designs you will have in your space.
- Need to use certain colors or shapes related to the brand identity of commercial space.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of custom cement tiles?
As for the advantages, we have that:
- It is a resistant material, each piece is handcrafted and the environmental impact of its production is minimal.
- It is one of the easiest coverings to customize.
- The possibilities in terms of shapes, sizes and colors are practically endless.
And as for the disadvantages:
- The manufacturer may ask you for a minimum quantity of parts.
- It is necessary to make several tests with the artisans to ensure that the model or models are as we need them.
- The cost of custom tile, depending on the size of the production run, may be higher than the cost of cement mosaic from the catalog.
What does it take to have a custom tile made?
First of all, you need to be very clear about how you want the space you are decorating to look. The handmade cement mosaic tile patterns can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be, but it is best to work with a professional decorator, since, in the end, you are already making an important investment in customization.
Once you have the visual projection, you need to determine what kind of pieces you will need to build the expected patterns, including the precise shapes and dimensions. And this sometimes means having more than one type of mosaic made.
Once you have this, you can go to your artisan cement mosaic tile distributor and show him your project. He will tell you the cost of the first tests considering the manufacture of the molds, and the next step is to do color tests to determine the right type and amount of pigments so that the tones are exactly what you are looking for.
In Studio Cement Tile, in addition to years of experience in the manufacture of handmade mosaics, the option to customize it is available for any other over certain amount of pieces. Come to us, we are here to help you make the space of your dreams come true.